I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School in Wellington, New Zealand. I am in Room 15 and a member of the amazing Huia Syndicate. My teacher is Stephanie Thompson.

Thursday, 6 June 2013

Sports commity trials

Sports commity, the people in sports commity set up P.E, run warm ups and ref interclass sports like dodge ball, foot ball and nukem ball. You can't just ask to be in sports commity, there are three steps to getting into sports commity. First you have to give a thirty second speech in front of the class and they vote for the person they think should be in sports commity and the three people with the most votes go through to the next stage. Now this next step involves lots of physical activity, the leader of the sports commity (Mrs Goldfinch) gives you a minute to get into a group of four and in that group you need to pair up in twos and your pairs take turns doing exercises given by Mrs Goldfinch witch vary from push-ups and sit-ups to sprints and two foot jumps. Now this is how my day happened. 

It all started as a simple morning, I made lunch, had breakfast, brushed my teeth and went to school, we had the votes the day before I didn't think I had a chance. When I got to school Stephanie announced the three that were going through to the sports commity trials Ethan, (not surprising) Giorgi, (that was coming) and me (I did not expect that!). Well the three of us got into our P.E gear and went up to the top field. I paired up with Ethan and Giorgi paired up with one of her friends from another syndicate and we were four. Ethan and I went first, we had to as many push-ups as we could in one minute and the others watched then we swapped. The next exercise was sit-ups and we did the same with that and we did five minutes of each. Then we did something like a relay, we had to do a few meters of spider crawls (witch is when you go on your hands and feet and crawl as low to the ground as you could) then two foot jump for another couple meters, did one burpy and sprinted back and the other two went.

When it finally was announced who was made it into sports commity Ethan and I got in and Giorgi, well she is just Giorgi.  

1 comment:

  1. Well, that's a step up with your writing, Jono. Well done! I noted a few spelling errors - did you spell check? Most notably - you're on the sports Committee so you really should know that committee is spelt committee NOT commity...!!!! Also - which witch is which? A witch with a T rides a broomstick; Which with an H is which one......makes all the difference! And meter is the American spelling - we spell it Metre! Nice work, bubble!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve my learning.